fredag 8. januar 2010

Hike up to Prekestolen…

Prekestolen is one of the places my husband and I had on our list of places to see in Norway - so when his parents came over from Canada for our wedding – what better place to take them but there?

It is rather a long drive from Tønsberg to Rogaland so I consider us lucky to have family half way to break up the trip. We wanted to take a day trip and started around 8 am in the morning. It took us about 4 hours to drive one way.

prekestolen1

This is at Lysefjorden waiting for the boat to take us across to route 13 which takes us up to the foot of the mountain where Prekestolen is.

prekestolen2

Finally arriving at the parking lot – we could begin our long hike up the mountain side. In total the hike took  about 2,5 – 3 hours. Yeh it was quite a hard hike parts of the trail and I am very impressed with my parents in law going the whole way!

prekestolen3

This is at 1/3 of the way going up. Good thing we didn’t know it – or we might just have turned back!!! prekestolen4

prekestolen5

Yay !!! We are half way and can see Lysefjorden again. Well I don’t know if shouting yay was the best thing to do here – this was the point where I got my first blister…

prekestolen6 Doing greath there mom! Walking along side the mountain with a really steep drop is scary! Best hold on to the railing at this point .. oh by the way – by now I was walkin bare foot as I had blisters on both my feet.. Note: Always wear comfy old shoes doing this ! ! !

prekestolen7

This is my hubby’s way of cheering me on ….

prekestolen8 …and it worked… :-) I continued now with parents in law in front of us ! Good job !

We can almost see the end of the hike now – just around the corner and – VICTORY!!

prekestolen9  And what a sight meeting us around that corner ! ! ! ! !

It was breath taking … no other words can describe it..

prekestolen10

We spent about 10-15 min on the top admiring the spectacular view…

prekestolen11

..before we started on our trip back home again !

This is definitly a trip we will remember for the rest of our life – for as mom and dad said – We’ve did it once, and wont do it again !  hehe (well – maybe sometime in the future when we have forgotten how straining the hike up was…)

1 kommentar:

  1. heisannn ja det der var sikkert en flott tur. Du var innom meg på http://pinksketch.blogspot.com/ og kommenterte her, du fant ingene følger knapp jeg skal legge inn en knapp der nå. skal til oslo i dag så jeg har litt dårlig tid nå...men du er hjertelig velkommen til å følge min blogg..ha en strålende dag ;-)

    SvarSlett